Friday, May 25, 2012

Rain in the SummerTime



I think one of my favorite things to do is to sit in my room and watch the pouring rain fall, especially during the summer time. It seemes to always rain during the afternoon too. It begins with clouds bubbling and building, becoming dark and ominous. Then like a rush the rain falls thick and heavy. Eventually the darkness slowly begins to fade after sometime and soon this golden tone settles over the trees, bushes, grass and flowers of my mother's garden. The sun begins to break and the sky begins to peak through again as the rain clouds travel on. When the sun begins to fall, pinks and purples and golds show up all over the clouded sky and it makes me smile and feel a bit sad at the same time.

I love the summer time.

Even though it gets so hot and sticky at times, and you feel so lazy, it's one of my favorite seasons.
I love the sound of the icecream truck as it races past our house (we live on a main road)
having barbecues of hotdogs and hamburgers, potato salad and an ice cold coke
ice cold lemonade made from concentrate ; D
the smell of fresh cut grass and the look of a fresh cut lawn
the sound of marching bands during memorial day parades
the booming sounds and beautiful colors of fireworks on the Fourth of July
the sound of a splash and the refreshing feel after jumping in a pool


What are the things that you love about summer?





No comments:

Post a Comment